The SILA Fellow (SILA-F) designation consists of five parts, offering various professional and technical requirements. The five parts of the SILA Fellow designation program are:
After or while completing the SILA-Associate you can earn the SILA-Fellow designation. The SILA-Fellow builds on the SILA-Associate requirements with additional meeetings, years as a member, and years of experience.
Complete by being a dues-paying SILA Member for three(3) years.
Complete requirement attending three(3) SILA National Education Conferences.
Complete requirement by submitting a letter from your employer documenting employment in licensing and registration administration, compliance, contracts & compensation, registration, continuing education tracking, education course approvals, publishing, testing and regulation that covers a minimum of five(5) years.
Industry Recognized Qualifications and Designations (one required)
- Accredited Customer Service Representative (ACSR)
- Associate in Customer Service (ACS) from the Life Office Management Association (LOMA)
- Associate in Information Technology (AIT) (The Institutes)
- Associate Insurance Agency Administration (AIAA) from the Life Office Management Association (LOMA)
- Associate of Insurance Institute of Canada (AIIC) designation
- Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC) designation
- Associate Life Management Institute (ALMI) designation
- Accredited Advisor in Insurance from the Insurance Institute of America
- Associate in General Insurance (AINS) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Associate in Regulation and Compliance (ARC) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Associate in Personal Insurance (API) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) from The Institutes
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) from the Insurance Institute of America
- Associate Professional in Insurance Regulation (APIR) from NAIC
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certificate from the International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR)
- Chartered Property/Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Customer Experience & Analytics Professional (CXAP)
- Cyber Risk Management Certification (The Institutes)
- Fellow of Life Management (FLMI) designation (LOMA)
- Health Insurance Associate (HIA) designation
- Healthcare Customer Service Associate ( HCSA) through the AHIP
- Long Term Care Professional (LTCP) through the AHIP
- FINRA Series 6 or 7
- Life/Health Insurance License
- Property/Casualty Insurance License
- Adjuster Insurance License (with proof of state exam)
- J.D. or equivalent degree issued by an American Bar Accredited school and the name of one class completed that qualifies as being relevant to the insurance industry (contracts, regulatory issues, etc.)
Don't see your Designation / Credential on the above list? Check the Industry Designation Guidelines to see if your Designation will qualify.