Join SILA | Print Page | Sign In
SILA Agency & Carrier Subgroup (SACS) Meeting
Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
SILA Agency & Carrier Subgroup (SACS) Meeting

When: Thursday, February 13, 2020
2:00 PM EST
United States
Contact: Diana Capes

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

SACS Subgroup Meeting

1st Quarter 2020 

Date:  Thursday, February 13, 2020

Time:   2:00 -3:00 PM Eastern


1.      Welcome (Paul Willis, Sandy Von Ruden – Co-Chairs)

2.      SACS Task Group Updates:

  • Background Investigation-Greg Kirsch
  • Commissions-Teresa Padgett
  • Appointment Task Group – Paul Willis
  • TPA Task Group – Tish Sullins / Madeline Patton

3.      Best Practices Handbook Updates – Linda Brunette

4.      NAIC Fall Meeting Update – Diana Ivey

5.      Just- In- Time (JIT) Appointment Survey – Paul Willis

6.      Salary Survey Update – Diana Capes

7.      SACS Subgroup Chair Leadership – Diana Capes

8.      Open Forum Discussion Topics

  • Commission Incentives
    How are other companies handling commission incentives for their producers? Are you including it in their producer agreement? If so, how? If not, are you simply informing them by written notice? 
  • Mailing Address vs. Business Address
    Does anyone know if there is uniformity among state insurance departments in their guidance or statues about where a licensed producer's mailing address can be? Is there uniformity that the mailing address can be anywhere including, for example, mailed to address not in the producer's resident state?
  • Application State, Owner State, Insured State on a Application
    We are a Carrier issuing Life, Annuity, DI and Variable Life and Annuities. We want to know what State you require an agent to be licensed and or appointed in to sell products. We currently use the state the application was signed in. On variable products, we also require the agent and Broker Dealer to be licensed and or appointed in the Owner State. On DI policies only, we require that the agent is licensed and or appointed in the Insurer state, in a few states. We want to know what State do you require an agent to be licensed and or appointed in to sell products? Do you use where the application is signed?

9.     Other Topics?