Posted By Mary Kay Krambeer,
Wednesday, July 31, 2019
SILA Designation Professional Development Program
In January 2018, SILA implemented the SILA Designation Professional Development Program requiring members to maintain their SILA designation by earning 24-hours of SILA CE every two years.
- For SILA designations issued prior to 2018, CE is due by 12/31/2019.
- For SILA designations issued on or after 1/1/2018, CE is due two years from the designation issue date.
How can I earn SILA CE? There are three categories of activities which can be applied toward your SILA CE requirement because in addition to the credits you can earn for SILA specific activities, non-SILA sponsored industry courses and meetings are also approved for SILA CE. SILA offers the annual National Education Conference, monthly webinars, regular Chapter meetings and a plethora of Subgroups, Committees and Task Groups where your participation will earn you SILA CE credit.
How do I check my SILA CE progress? You can track your professional development at any time using your SILA account. Simply log into your account then visit the PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT section of your profile.
How do I report SILA CE? If SILA sponsored the event, no action is required because we will automatically credit your membership account. To report non-SILA sponsored activity, you need to submit a SILA CE form along with proof of completion/attendance. The SILA CE Reporting Form is located on the main SILA website under Professional Development/SILA Designation CE.
Posted By Administration,
Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Do you want to stand-out? Do you want to appear more confident? Do you want to show your company that you are committed and in this for the long-term? Then you must continually work on advancing your education as it has proven to lead to the production of higher quality work, increased productivity and stronger client confidence. SILA designation holders know they stand apart from their co-workers because they have proven they are willing to work hard and they are focused, dedicated and driven. I know you know how proud we are to recognize our designation recipients; but, can you imagine how your company would feel if your name was listed below too? It’s easy to get started, simply reach out to us at SILASupport@sila.org..
SILA Associate and SILA Fellow Designation recipients since the last edition of the SILA Spotlight (February 2019 – July 2019):
SILA Associate (SILA-A) Designation Recipients:
- Andrea Ball, ProSight Brokerage
- Lisa Black, NFP Corporation
- Andy Buquet
- Beverly D’Onofrio, Segal Company
- Kristin Doyle, AF Group
- Clay Grant, Lockton Companies
- Camille Knight, Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- Janice Myers, Glatfelter Insurance Group
- Brian Niemiec, Vertafore
- Karen Parl, Asurion Protection Services
- Lisa Propes, Swiss Re
- Ericka Richardson, Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- Jeannette Sanders, American Equity Underwriters
- Emma Sanjurjo, Insureon
- Kevin Schemm, Asurion Protection Services
- Heidi Schwarzenbart, American Family Mutual Insurance Company
- Teresa Smith, Glatfelter Insurance Group
- Lesley Jill Wrenne, Asurion Protection Services
SILA Fellow (SILA-F) Designation Recipients:
- Jenna Colebank, Allianz Life Insurance Company
- Vicki Johnston, USABLE Life
- Marlene Marten, RCIS
- Carole Petrovics, Eberl Claims Services
- Chris Reetz, Allstate Insurance Company