Ask our members and they’ll tell you about the exceptional benefits of SILA membership. If you have just discovered SILA, you have found a treasure trove of valuable opportunities for education, information and networking.
SILA’s membership package ushers you into a beneficial world of education, training, discussion, networking, problem-solving, best-practice sharing, technology discovery and much more.
Professional Development and Career Growth
- Attend member-only events including the National Education Conference ♦
The SILA National Education Conference is held each year at a different location – usually in early October. Hundreds of industry professionals gather to learn, share, grow and network.
- Access licensing and registration education information with SILA Publications ♦
Members often say that SILA’s superlative publications are worth the price of membership. We believe you will agree. All publications are delivered electronically and are available only to members. They include SILA Digest, SILA Best Practices Handbook, Vendor Directory, and SILA Journal. Find out more at the Useful Information tab.
- Learn and grow with SILA Foundation Certification ♦ and the SILA Designation Program ♦
SILA Foundation Certification is a three-course program for individuals who wish to increase their knowledge of the licensing and compliance industry. The program is ideal for new hires and many companies use it as an educational goal for their staff. Individuals who are SILA Foundation Certification are set apart as competent and trained professionals in the field of financial services. The program is delivered online and a certificate is awarded upon completion.
SILA Designation Program is highly respected. The most competent and experienced industry professionals are proud to display SILA-A (SILA Associate) or SILA-F (SILA Fellow) after their name. The requirements for attaining these designations include completing education courses, demonstrating technical proficiency and attaining employment experience.
- Receive late-breaking compliance updates/changes with SILA broadcast email announcements and RSS Feeds
- Achieve professional recognition via the respected SILA Awards ♦
SILA Awards - Your hard work and dedication are recognized by SILA. SILA Awards honor the contributions of our outstanding members and are especially meaningful because recipients are nominated by their peers. SILA Awards include:
- Licensing/Registration Administrator of the Year,
- President’s Award,
- Warren Spruill Regulator Recognition Award,
- Bruce Saenger Education Award,
- Robert Kennedy Appreciation Award, and
- Organization of the Year Award.
- Share best practices and solve problems using online SILA Discussion Forums ♦
SILA Discussion Forums are a great way to exchange ideas with other member professionals about your daily challenges and solutions.
- Meet your local peers at Chapter Meetings ♦
Chapter Meetings is a great way to get involved and connect with your peers. Virtual Chapters are designed for online and teleconference participation in areas that do not have a geographic Chapter. Look under the Networking tab to learn about Local and Virtual Chapters.
- Integrate with national colleagues via Working Committees ♦
Working Committees is a great way to learn more about SILA’s structure and vision. Look under the Membership tab, then Volunteer to learn about the available Working Committees where you would like to serve.
- Meet and get to know your state and federal regulators
- Participate in the informative Subgroup Teleconferences ♦
SILA has formed specialized subgroups that address specific issues, shares regulatory information and provides a forum to discuss issues to elevate education and awareness. Participation in these subgroups is open to all SILA members who have an interest in these specialized subgroups. Adjuster Licensing Subgroup, Agency-Carrier Communication Subgroup, Education and Training Subgroup, Surplus Lines Licensing Subgroup, Call Center Subgroup, Securities Subgroup and the Regulatory Impacts Subgroup are current Subgroups that you can sign up and get involved in.
Join SILA Today!
We welcome you to join thousands of other SILA members who benefit from all the information available with their membership.