SILA Agency-Carrier Communications Subgroup (SACS) Meeting
3rd Quarter 2019
Date: Thursday, August 15, 2019
Time: 2:00 -3:00 PM Eastern
Welcome (Sandy Von Ruden)
SACS Task Group Updates:
- Background Investigation-Greg Kirsch
- Commissions-Teresa Padgett
- PDB vs License Copies Best Practices Chapter Review/Update – Linda Brunette
- Appointment Task Group – Diana Capes
- TPA Task Group – Diana Capes
- Mergers & Acquisitions – Diana Capes
Best Practices Handbook Updates – Linda Brunette
NAIC Working Group Updates – Diana Ivey
2019 SILA National Education Conference – Diana Capes
Open Forum Discussion Topics (no minutes taken during this portion of the meeting)
Appointment Backdating Rules
· How are other carriers managing backdating rules? Do you allow backdating of appointments?
· Can Agencies and/or Agents receive renewal commissions even though they no longer hold an active license? I have always understood an Agent must be licensed and appointed properly “at the time of sale”, however, may continue to receive renewal commission even though they may have not renewed their state license(s). Also, if a Carrier states the agent must be appointed in order to receive commissions would that override the states view on the matter?
Register for the entire series of SILA Agency Carrier Subgroup meetings for 2019.
Link to registration is here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/2ac5cf3dee1a55f17510d14dfea9e911