SACS Subgroup Meeting - 4th Quarter 2019
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019
Time: 2:00 -3:00 PM Eastern
1. Welcome (Paul Willis, Sandy Von Ruden – Co-Chairs)
2. SACS Task Group Updates:
- Background Investigation-Greg Kirsch
- Commissions - Teresa Padgett
- PDB vs. License Copies Best Practices Chapter Review - Linda Brunette
- Appointment Task Group - Paul Willis
- TPA Task Group - Tish Sullins / Madeline Patton
3. Best Practices Handbook Updates – Linda Brunette
4. Open Forum Discussion Topics
- OK Regulatory Update 1435.15 (B)
Are other carriers and firms interpreting the update from Oklahoma as "pre-appoint"?
B. To appoint a producer as its agent, the appointing insurer, or an authorized representative of the insurer, shall file, in a format approved by the Insurance Commissioner, a notice of appointment within fifteen (15) days from the date the contract is executed".
Note: Courtney Khodabakhsh, Oklahoma’s Licensing Division Manager, will review requirement with attendees.
Does anyone keep statistics they are willing to share with respect to the percentage of agents appointed with your company that produce business?
- Producer licensing - permitted unlicensed activities
Is anyone willing to share, or perhaps point me to where this might already exist, permitted tasks for unlicensed CSRs?
Does anyone know which states require a producer license to have a general discussion about insurance? Florida and Michigan come to mind, but I know there are a few more.
Register for the entire series of SILA Agency Carrier Subgroup meetings for 2019.
Link to registration is here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/2ac5cf3dee1a55f17510d14dfea9e911