SACS Subgroup Meeting
3rd Quarter 2018
Date: Thursday, August 16, 2018
Time: 2:00 -3:00 PM Eastern
Call Number: 303-248-0285; Code 3405506#
1. Welcome –Diana Capes
2. 2018 SACS Task Groups:
Best Practices Handbook – Content Update
o Agency Affiliations – Linda Brunette
o Agency Branch Office – Linda Brunette
o Commissions – Teresa Padgett
o Background Investigations – Greg Kirsch
3. Producer Licensing Task Group Updates
4. 2018 SILA National Education Conference – Diana Capes
5. Open Forum Discussion Topics – Teresa Padgett (no minutes taken during this portion of the meeting)
- Fingerprint submissions for newly elected officers
How does everyone manage the states that require fingerprints for newly elected officers? Our challenge is we have both licensed and unlicensed officers of our agencies. Most of all FL, where fingerprints are only valid for a specified length of time before a new submission is required. Should we consider an officer list just for licensing? Officers are getting frustrated with having to submit multiple times to the same state. Trying to work out a approach that keeps us compliant and officers happy.
- New Appointment and Renewal Fees
I'm interested to learn how other Carrier's handle new appointment and appointment renewal fees (e.g. carrier paid, producer paid, etc.).
Other Questions from attendees?