SILA SURPLUS LINES SUBGROUP MEETING
DATE: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
TIME: 2:30-3:30 PM ET
CONFERENCE CALL: 303-248-0285; Code 3405506#
Surplus Lines Steering Committee Members:
· Steve Stephan, Ryan Specialty
· Paul Willis, AXIS`
· Shannon Stoner, Ryan Specialty
· Tina Wirtz, IMA Financial
· Julia Van Buren, MarketScout
· Kay Miller, USI
· Joe Wurtz, All Risks
· Jeff McWhirt, Ryan Specialty
- Welcome and welcome to Jeff McWhirt, Ryan Specialty – the newest Surplus Lines Steering member – Paul Willis
- Surplus Lines Regulatory Updates – Joe Wurtz
- Surplus Lines Basics Webinar – November 29th, 3:00 pm ET – Shannon Stoner
- 2018 Surplus Lines Tax Filing Spreadsheet Update – Julia Van Buren
- Open Forum Discussion – Julia Van Buren
1. Can you have an admitted and non-admitted company on the same policy or do separate policies have to be issued?
2. When an account is written on a fee basis and part of the account involves a surplus lines placement(s), what is the methodology that members use to calculate the amount of fee attributable to the Surplus Lines policy(ies) in order to calculate surplus lines taxes and stamping fees? Or, do members exclude surplus lines policies under a fee agreement?
3. How do members calculate taxes on a foreign and US based policy?
Other questions from callers?