SILA SURPLUS LINES SUBGROUP MEETING
DATE: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
TIME: 2:30-3:30 PM ET
CONFERENCE CALL: 303-248-0285; Code 3405506#
1. Welcome – Holly Kominsky
2. Steering Committee Change – Welcome Joe Wurtz, Glatfelter!
3. Surplus Lines Regulatory Updates – Paul Willis
4. Late filing (don’t forget) reminders – Julia Van Buren
5. New resources – 4th Quarter additions to Best Practices: Tina Wirtz
a) Stamping Office/Surplus Lines Association – Membership Requirements
b) Surplus Lines Tax Filing Survey results
6. Open Forum Discussion: No minutes taken during this section
a) Does anyone have a list of states that allow an Agent to handle a surplus line policy under the Agency's Surplus line license? I read that Nebraska allows this if the agent is listed on the Agency's Corporate Surplus line license? Are there other states that allow this?
b) What is the standard practice to notify Surplus Lines Associations/Stamping Offices of agent changes such as names, addresses, acquisitions?