SILA Surplus Lines Subgroup Meeting - 1st Quarter 2018
Tuesday, February 20, 2018
2:30 - 3:30 PM
« Go to Upcoming Event List
SILA SURPLUS LINES SUBGROUP MEETING
DATE: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
TIME: 2:30-3:30 PM ET
CONFERENCE CALL: 303-248-0285; Code 3405506#
Surplus Lines Steering Committee Members:
· Steve Stephan, Ryan Specialty
· Paul Willis, AXIS
· Shannon Stoner, Ryan Specialty
· Tina Wirtz, IMA Financial
· Julia Van Buren, MarketScout
· Kay Miller, USI
· Lorenzo Houston, US Risk
· Joe Wurtz, Glatfelter
- Welcome – Joe Wurtz
- Steering Committee Change – Welcome Shannon Stoner!
- Surplus Lines Regulatory Updates – Paul Willis
- New resources – Available Now in Best Practices - Joe Wurtz
· Stamping Office/Surplus Lines Association – Membership Requirements
· Surplus Lines Tax Filing Spreadsheet
· Surplus Lines Late Fees and Penalties
- 2018 Surplus Lines Task Groups - Diana Capes
- Surplus Lines Chapter in Best Practices Handbook Update
- Surplus Lines Tax Filing Spreadsheet
- Open Forum Discussion: No minutes taken during this section
- If the policy is a non-admitted, multi-state risk where KY is deemed to be the home state, does the surcharge apply only to the KY risk premium or to the entire policy premium?
- Can an insurance agency receive commission for non-admitted business if they only hold a P&C license (not a surplus line license)? The individual producer writing the business does hold a surplus line license and the agency is appointed with the carrier. In a nutshell, I am wanting to know if it is necessary to obtain a surplus line license for the agency in all states that allow it if the individual producer who is writing the business holds a surplus line license in all states.
- Other questions from callers?